Saturday 28 February 2015

REASONABLE ...?

 


When I am short of inspiration I often make backgrounds in my journal, ready for writing on when the moment comes, and this was one of those.

As you can see below I painted the page with lime green (just ordinary craft acrylic paint) and then began to add bits of blue collage.  I really LOVE blue and green together, and lime green best of all. Sadly, my family do not share my love of vivid lime green.
So above you can see what I had when I sat down to work on this.  I used a Posca paint pen to add a grey shadow around the collage elements, but the grey was too dark so it didn't work very well.  I added the face because I liked her grumpy expression - its a sort of "don't mess with me face" isn't it?
Now that's obviously what I was feeling because very soon after I knew what I wanted to say ...  I added a drawn border along the collage edges which helped to disguise the unsuccessful grey outline, and used stamps to get a bit of background texture.
Then I wrote what I needed to say - it seems I REALLY needed to get this off my chest!  A calling such as mine obliges me to be nice, kind and reasonable pretty much all of the time, and try to see both sides etc etc.  Sometimes that's incredibly hard, especially when I have strong opinions in the other direction, or when someone is spreading nasty gossip I don't want to listen to.
But of course I continue to be as nice and reasonable as possible, then I come home and get it all off my chest.  Lots of dots and details as usual here, which as you know by now is almost my favourite part of the process.  I think my actual favourite is when I begin to lay down random bits of collage which then kind of come alive  under my hands.  Magic!

4 comments:

Debra said...

I adore lime green, I love the colours you use in all your pages. I hope one day I can do artwork as fabulous as yours!

viv said...

Rosie, I could never see you not being a kind reasonable person. Lots of love xxx

Linda Vincent said...

You couldn't be anything but reasonable Rosie :-)....but you're allowed a rant (or two). Lovely page... great colour combo. X

alexa said...

It seems eminently reasonable to me to say what you think - politely, naturally, but clearly. Your strong lime green is one of my favourites, especially with that blue. Boldness wins the day!